header
FaceBook Fan Page Folow Us On Twitter RSS Feed YouTube Link
Celebrating Michael's Legacy With L-O-V-E...Of MEMORABILIA!!
Login or Register for Special Features.
Home Forum

forum

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of MJ
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of MJ
MJSunshine
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of MJ 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 11
I know it's still some time until September,
but I think this sounds interesting

Man In The Music - The Creative Life And Work Of Michael Jackson

One of the most popular and influential entertainers of all time, Michael Jackson revolutionized the way we experience music. His songs, videos, and live performances not only broke records and barriers, they inspired generations of fans and fellow artists from every corner of the world. In this lavishly illustrated book, Joseph Vogel moves past the sensationalism and mythology to reveal the first in-depth picture of the “man in the music.”

Featuring a foreword by Rolling Stone contributing editor Anthony DeCurtis, Man in the Music explores Jackson’s remarkable solo catalog, from 1979’s groundbreaking Off the Wall and 1982’s best-selling Thriller to his underrated later work, including a glimpse into the music he was creating in his final years. Vogel thoroughly delves into all the albums, giving a sense of the times and places in which they were created; vivid “making-of” details as if you were in the studio with him; a summary of how the works were critically and commercially received; and the author’s assessment of their meanings, impact, and legacy today.

Here, for the first time, are detailed explorations of each unforgettable song, like the mysterious masterpiece “Billie Jean”; the ecstatic floor burner, “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough”; the haunting ballad, “Stranger in Moscow”; and the transcendent anthem, “Man in the Mirror.”

Meticulously researched and documented, Vogel draws on hundreds of sources, such as news archives, Jackson’s own words, and personal interviews with numerous people who worked intimately with him (some of whom are speaking publicly about their experiences for the first time).

For a greater appreciation and understanding of one of the most creative artists of the past century, look no further than Man in the Music.

"The most thorough and accurate portrayal of Michael's musical life I've ever seen."

-Brad Buxer, Songwriter/Musician, Music Director for Dangerous and HIStory World Tours

“Illuminates the creative life of the greatest performer of our time…Joe shows us a time in history, the happenings of the world, and the creative energy of Michael Jackson and the team of people around him who helped create the iconic songs that propelled him to superstardom. Joe’s thorough examination includes interviews and excerpts from those most familiar with his work, offering a glimpse behind the scenes of how the magic was created…Michael’s perseverance and motivation were matched only by his desire for perfection. Joe shows that as the consummate professional, Michael’s pursuit of songwriting, dancing, producing, and directing, were all means for him to spread his ideas and visions of what the world could be… [Man in the Music] offers the most complete (and, I might add, the most accurate) look into Michael’s creative nature.”

-Matt Forger, Technical Engineer for Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, and HIStory

"This is the kind of book about Michael Jackson's music, artistry and creativity that really needed to be written - and Joseph Vogel has done it and done it very well. I am absolutely floored by Joe's in-depth research and perceptive insight into what made Michael the one-of-a-kind, record-breaking King of Pop. And - amazingly enough - even I learned a lot!"

-J. Randy Taraborrelli, Author of Michael Jackson: The Magic and the Madness

www.josephvogel.net/

Hardcover: 384 pages
Publisher: Sterling Pub Co Inc (6 Sep 2011)
Language English
ISBN-10: 1402779380
ISBN-13: 978-1402779381

www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Music-Creative-Michael-Jackson/dp/1402779380

The administrator has disabled public write access.
ronsweet2
Admin
graphgraph
Re: Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of MJ 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 11
And - amazingly enough - even I learned a lot!" J. Randy Taraborrelli

What a piece of work this guy is. He "knew" MJ about as well as any of us, yet made it sound like he was a "close friend" of MJ's and talked with/interviewed him over three decades, but that is completely untrue. More accurately, he "knew" MJ 30 years ago when he worked for (I think) Rock & Soul magazine, and spent some time with him one Summer during those interviews. That blurry photo of him with his arm around MJ from the late 70's made this clown millions of dollars. Gee, I wonder how many more times we can expect him to re-release his Magic & The Madness book?

Laura.L.
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re: Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of MJ 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Cool, a book that focuses on the music for once, this is what I've been waiting for! I hope it's as good as it seems to be

The only thing that's eating away this publication's credibility is J.R.Taraborrelli's recommendations. *facepalm* Like Ron said: "What a piece of work this guy is."

Last Edit: 2011/03/03 04:59 By Laura.L..
Dancing Machine
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re: Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of MJ 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
ronsweet2 wrote:
And - amazingly enough - even I learned a lot!" J. Randy Taraborrelli

What a piece of work this guy is. He "knew" MJ about as well as any of us, yet made it sound like he was a "close friend" of MJ's and talked with/interviewed him over three decades, but that is completely untrue. More accurately, he "knew" MJ 30 years ago when he worked for (I think) Rock & Soul magazine, and spent some time with him one Summer during those interviews. That blurry photo of him with his arm around MJ from the late 70's made this clown millions of dollars. Gee, I wonder how many more times we can expect him to re-release his Magic & The Madness book?

MJSunshine
Admin
graphgraph
Re: Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of MJ 13 Years ago Karma: 11
This will be the cover:

Laura.L.
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re: Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of MJ 13 Years ago Karma: 1
Loving the cover, simply gorgeous.

Go to topPage: 1

Search By Category

Search By Era

Subscribe to our free email newsletter!

Donate

Please donate what you like to make this MJJ Collectors site better and support the maintenance.

Thank you!

smooth_criminal

Member Photos

Stuffed MJ

[emmastage]

Artist Of The Decade Award #481

[DJinspace]

master Tapes

[quehola]

Admin Work Chain

Who's Online

Guests: 441