header
FaceBook Fan Page Folow Us On Twitter RSS Feed YouTube Link
Celebrating Michael's Legacy With L-O-V-E...Of MEMORABILIA!!
Login or Register for Special Features.
Home Forum

forum

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Bad Japan Tour '87 Signed Handprint
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Bad Japan Tour '87 Signed Handprint
MJSunshine
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Bad Japan Tour '87 Signed Handprint 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Thanks to Laura who has added this item to the site: Bad Japan Tour '87 Signed Handprint

This looks really great!

I remember that Black & White magazine had it in one of their issues and they were talking of some kind of box with a handprint. I read somewhere else that this item has only been given as a present to members of Michael's tour crew. Today I've learned that this seems to be a commercial item.

Is there any additional information about it? What I would like to know is: does anyone know how many of this handprints exist? And are the handprint and signature Michael's original or are they printed? Thanks.

Last Edit: 2011/01/09 05:16 By Laura.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Laura
Admin
graph
Re: Bad Japan Tour '87 Signed Handprint 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 17
You're welcome Aline.

Well, this was one of the items I searched the most as soon as I saw a French magazine with Bad Japan Tour '87 pictures and info.

There 2 categories of items that have been released in Japan, either for the Bad Tour September/October 1987 (first leg) or the Bad Tour December 1988 (second leg) and very amazingly they're ALL different, including the Bad Tour Book.

At first, I thought as you did, it was an original hand print and signature but after getting one, I realized it's a very well done printed hand print with his beautiful and complete signature he usually did for special items.

It was sold inside the stores at Korakuen Stadium in Tokyo, Yokohama Stadium in Yokohama and Osaka Stadium in Osaka.

Last Edit: 2011/01/09 05:26 By Laura.
MJSunshine
Admin
graphgraph
Re: Bad Japan Tour '87 Signed Handprint 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Thank you for your infos and for that article scan - seeing these stores full of MJ stuff is

ronsweet2
Admin
graphgraph
Hi Aline:

Those shops were called "Hello Michael" shops. Can you frigging imagine walking into a shop and the WHOLE STORE is full of MJ stuff??? I have some pics of that shop as well, but I don't think I saw the MJ pets in there before. I wish I could go back in time and buy them ALL. ALL of them!!!!

I see you added some smilies. Are you going to change the default smilies? The Kunena default ones really suck. Do you plan to add more...including the MJ specific ones? If you still can't get back in to Kunena, I'll ask Randy about it. He said he could not upgrade Kunena for some reason, so simply "patched" the existing one, which he finished yesterday. In the meantime, just carry on with adding stuff to the site, and feel free to start a couple more forum topics too!

Ron

MJSunshine
Admin
graphgraph
Ron, being in such a shop would be so cool, especially when it's full of items from the past decades. And what's difficult to imagine is that it's been during a time with no internet and then you're facing such a bunch of merchandise. Wow!
Today, there is an MJ store in Tokio, am I right?

Regarding the smiles, yes I started to add more and wanted to ask you if I could delete the Kunena ones. I still don't get access to Kunena, but if that's fixed, I will see how I can change the default smiles.

ronsweet2
Admin
graphgraph
MJSunshine wrote:
Today, there is an MJ store in Tokio, am I right?
Not that I know of. But I haven't heard either way and it wouldn't surprise me. Recently they had "The Exhibition" there.

Regarding the smiles, yes I started to add more and wanted to ask you if I could delete the Kunena ones. I still don't get access to Kunena, but if that's fixed, I will see how I can change the default smiles.
Randy is working on it as we speak.

Go to topPage: 12

Search By Category

Search By Era

Subscribe to our free email newsletter!

Donate

Please donate what you like to make this MJJ Collectors site better and support the maintenance.

Thank you!

smooth_criminal

Member Photos

Stuffed MJ

[emmastage]

Artist Of The Decade Award #481

[DJinspace]

master Tapes

[quehola]

Admin Work Chain

Who's Online

Guests: 933